Approach from Poland::
There are several variants of the approach to Rodnian mountains. I have heard that the cheapest variant leads
through Ukraine, but personally I've choosen variant through Slovakia and Hungary. Our way was the following:
- in Poland to Piwniczna town - from there crossing the border by walk and by hitchhike to Stara Lubovna
( honestly speaking not recomended way, because of difficulties with catching hitchhike ) about 16 kilometers in total.
- Stara Lubovna - Plaves - by train (leaving about 8.00 PM )
- Plaves - through train to Hidasnemeti (Hungarian town ) at 3.30 AM
- from Hidasnemeti - at 6.16 AM train to Csenger - small town on Hungary-Romania border
( 4 train changes in: Abujszanto, Szerencs, Nyigershaza, Mateszalka )
- in Csenger we was at 4.00 PM - from the town to border is about 7 kilometers walking,
it is adviced to have a good map of this area, because of difficulties in communication
(people speak Hungarian here...)
- From the border we were lucky - we caught hitchhike to Syghiet - a city in the north Romania.
From Syghiet at 6.00 AM is a bus to Borsa - our destination place.
As it was mentioned before, I recommend guest-house "Borsa Turism" with small camping field. "Borsa Turism"
is managed by Dutchman, there are: shower, warm water, fire place, benchs and very nice atmosphere.
Below photos of hostels where we slept, ate and drank: